Thursday, August 18, 2011

T-Rex Triathlon

Race Results:

0.5 mile swim: 20:08 (71%)
T1: 1:17
12 mile bike: 37:57 (46%)
T2: 0:42
3.1 mile run: 24:08 (25%)
Overall Time: 1:24:13 (40%)
AG: 4 of 17
Overall Place: 165 of 413

*Percentiles based on the entire field (men and women)

I dropped my time by 5 minutes from the last triathlon, with pretty much the entire improvement coming on the swim portion. This time I was much more confident on the swim, so I pushed myself a bit harder. I also did a better job of watching the buoys and staying on the course. Transitions went better as well, with the exception of forgetting my towel (to dry your feet before you put your socks on) and having one of my research samples in my bike shoes.

I was quite surprised to hear my name called for an age group award. It's not too much to brag about though, as the field for this triathlon was weaker than it was for the first one.

Triathlons are a lot of fun. I look forward to continuing to do them. Maybe even moving up to a longer distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment