Sunday, February 13, 2011

WDW and DWD

We returned home last night from a stay in Walt Disney World. Running at the resort wasn't as fun as I expected, as the exercise trail was only 1 mile long. Tuesday and Wednesday I ran on the trail and around the Fort Wilderness campground. Thursday Magic Kingdom opened early, so I ran around the park, and cooled down by riding Space Mountain again.

I got in a tiny bit of swimming in Typhoon Lagoon on Wednesday. Swimming into the waves wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I'm feeling more confident about open water swimming this summer. Now if I could just get used to starting out in a giant crowd. I suppose I could try this method:



The Dances with Dirt Green Swamp 1/2 marathon was awesome. The course wasn't actually that challenging, which is a bit of a disappointment. The most difficult part was staying on course, I missed 2 turns, so I ended up running an extra half mile. The last mile lived up to expectations, bushwhacking through stake-like stumps and prickers and having to wade through a river. I felt great the whole run.

Green Swamp Half Marathon Results:
Time: 2:15:30.4 (10:21 pace - 9:53 pace if you count my off-course distance)
Place: 27 of 78
AG: 3 of 7

I got another mug for my AG place. We are going to have to make room in the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment